Ostello Orgnana and Botéga di Orgnana
The Youth Hostel of Orgnana (355 meters above sea-level) is a typical, traditional house of the area. It is located above the
village of Magadino, in the middle of the small place with a marvellous view over the Lago Maggiore Lake.
Availability all year round.
6 Rooms offer space for 27 persons during summer season and 15 persons during winter season. The kitchen is furnished with all necessary equipment to provide cooking. In the assigned hall you will find dishes and cutlery in an adequate number.
For additional comfort a TV set and a fireplace are installed.
The broad garden area is at free disposal. For spare time activities the outer grill place, tables and chairs as well as a table tennis- and a table football game can be used.
Free car–parking area in 50 m walking distance
Contact us now !
Availability all year round. summerseason 27 beds, winterseason 15 beds
The youth-hostel is located in Orgnana in the center of a small village overhead the larger village of Magadino, in a very quite area. The village has a domestic population of about 40 persons and is inhabited all year round.
Close to the hostel you will find the small grocery store called “Botéga di Orgnana”, a Grotto (local restaurant) “La Baîta” as well as the Osteria (local restaurant) “La Rocca”
During Summerseason you will have the possibility to use the free accessible public bathing beach of the village of Magadino and to take a swim in the Lago Maggiore.
Orgnana is a well placed starting point for excursions or walking-tours to the close by Maggia- or Verzasca – Valley as well as for are trip by ship on the Lago Maggiore to the well-known places like Ascona or Locarno etc.
Further excursion places:
- The “Monti di Vira” to the „Alpe di Neggia” and “Indemini”,
- the „Bolle di Magadino“, a protected nature reserve aera,
- the Magnolia-, Camellia- and Azaleapark in Vairano,
- Bellinzona with its 3 Castles (UNESCO world heritage) and his traditional market on Saturday’s with local products
- located in the old part of town,
- the big traditional market on Wednesday’s in Luino (Italy),
- Locarno‘s mountain „Cardada“ with the “Madonna dell‘ Sasso” church“,
- the Swiss – Miniatur in Melide close to Lugano,
- the Zoo in Magliaso,
- the Tamaro – Park,
- the Splash and Spa Tamaro.
Further information concerning the whole Ticino region can be obtained and are available.